Afridi is the MoM for his brilliant haul of 4/34.
Afridi: This was a big game. Misbah and Younis were amazing. I am also happy with my effort. We really have to pick up on our fielding for the upcoming games. The conditions were wonderful for the bowlers, there was a lot of turn and bounce for this wicket. We have sent a good message to the other teams. We will come at them harder and harder as the tournament progresses.
Sangakkara: Any defeat is hard in front of a home crowd. Unfortunately, we lost three quick wickets. We made it hard for ourselves by losing wickets at regular intervals. Pakistan played really well. Misbah and Younis Khan batted well in the middle overs and they found the singles easily. We did well in restricting them to 270. I would have scored a bit quickly, but I am happy with my form.
Misbah: Having a bit of a sprain, but the doc says I will be fine in two to three days. It was a very important game, SL were playing at home, we are glad that we pulled it off. The ball was keeping a bit low, it was a matter of staying there till the end, I had to bat until the end and score as many runs as possible. Toss is very important when we play here in SL, glad to have batted first.



0 comments:
Post a Comment